A second person has died at Australia’s Stereosonic festival prompting calls for a change in how authorities deal with illicit substances.
The death of a 19-year-old man, identified as Stefan Woodward, comes just a week after a 25-year-old woman, Sylvia Choi, overdosed at the Sydney festival. Both fatalities have been blamed on ecstacy, or MDMA.
Scottish police officers forced clubergoers to submit to drug tests before allowing them to enter a venue.
Last weekend, officers reportedly tested 100 customers queueing to enter Club Tropicana in Aberdeen. Those who refused to co-operate were reportedly refused entry.